Thankfully, August started on a more active note than July did. I definitely believe it’s because I stopped trying so hard and just let the work kinda go at its own pace. This August journal is going to be a short one. Here it is:
Ed Sheeran’s new album No. 6 Collaboration Project, new Asa music – Good thing and The Beginning, and Normani’s Motivation 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾. Apparently, I’ve been sleeping on Normani all this while. She’s really good! Well, I’m wide awake now and she has my complete attention.
I found two new podcasts this month (new to me, not new):
- The classic tales podcast by BJ Harrison – at least once a week, you get to listen to narrations of some of the greatest stories ever told. From stories by Oscar Wilde, Charles Dickens, HG Wells, and other great authors. It’s really one of the best ways to experience these stories. Most of the stories being narrated are from really lengthy and wordy books. There goes our “books take too long to read” and “I want to be well-read but I’m not just a book person” excuses. It’s literally 30-50 minutes a week!!
- Myths and Legends by Jason Weiser – Think the classic tales podcast (No. 1) but with wizards, witches, princes, vikings, dragons, knights. Them there are stories from mythology that have shaped some of the societies that exist today. They’ve got interesting tales of the likes of Oedipus, Hercules, Aladdin, and so on. Plus some things you probably didn’t know about the Trojan War and Rome politics.
I was also asked to be a guest on the ToldbyOlay podcast by the fabulous OLAYinka. We had an amazing conversation on The Power Of No, when to say No, how to say No, and why you sometimes should. We also touched on how to be on the receiving end of a No and what that means. It was wonderful!
Because of the aforementioned podcasts, I didn’t pick up any new reads. I am, however, lugging around Outliers by Malcom Gladwell. It’s been over a week and I still haven’t opened it but I’m going to get around to it.
Prolific author, Toni Morrison, passed away. It wasn’t a “sad” passing per say – and I say that without at all minimizing the grief of her loved ones. I just think she really served many her purposes while she lived, and she changed lives and inspired people to challenge themselves, myself included.
When Bishop TD Jakes released his latest book Soar, one of the stops he made was Elevation Church, and I watched the interview like four times in the month. It’s so full of words of wisdom, in season for almost everyone because I think for the most part, we all want to take the load off.
Then, I succumbed to peer pressure and decided to give Love Island (UK) a try, and OMG 😮. The messy messiness of it all. I hope the show is not an accurate depiction of what dating is like in the real world, ‘cos I’ll just hand in my card now.
In Other News:
Ahem! (clears throat)
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! 🗣: The King and Queen of England are visiting Downton and we have all been invited 😄. When I heard a Downton Abbey movie was coming, I thought it was a joke but here we are, waiting on 09/20 in the US. It’s the beginning of a new chapter and it’s so exciting. I am more than ready for the romance, the intrigue and the GRANDEUR of it all. Also, I miss the great cast and their characters.
September 20th can’t come soon enough!
- I set up my YouTube channel, FINALLY! I recorded so many times and I put it off for so long but I finally DID IT.
- I’m working on my very first brand collaboration and I’m so excited to share.
- I find myself being useful and impactful; in my very small circle and in a seemingly small capacity, but impactful nonetheless.
Goals For September
- To launch the YouTube channel on the 2nd of the month. I’m very nervous/excited but it’s good. A little rough but I think I’m off to a good start.
- Successfully and productively hosting my first giveaway.
I hope the month brings you new found hope and I hope you’re blessed with more love than you can fathom. I also pray you’re bold enough to live free!
I wish you a blissful September ahead!❤️
see previous journals here