Project | Faux leather tote bag DIY | beginner friendly tutorial
Pattern | Self drafted (see pattern & dimensions below)
you are ART, and art does not have to be perfect to be art.igho
Things to note as you sew
- Do not back-stitch when sewing faux leather. Instead, leave the threads long at the beginning and at the end then tie them off neatly.
- Use a longer stitch length, between 3mm to 4mm. The shorter the stitch length, the more holes you will have in your fabric and that can weaken the seams over time.
For this project, I used:
- Faux leather; I used less than half a yard
- Matching polyester, nylon or rayon threads
- Sewing clips
- Sewing Needles for Leather
- Scissors; preferably not the one you use for the rest of your fabric
- Measuring tape/ruler
- Tailor’s chalk or fabric marker
Tutorial | DIY Faux Leather Tote Bag
What do you think of this tutorial? Think you’ll try it for yourself? Let me know in the comments
I love when you share my projects on Pinterest! Save this DIY Faux Tote Bag for later by pinning the photos to your boards!
For more DIYs, check here
You may also like:
Leopard Tote Bag: here
The Perfect TOTE BAG for Beginners: here
Leave a Reply